Thursday, April 7, 2011

You are for me

I have a good life. I am very blessed. My life has been full of amazing moments. But life is also dotted with things that bump into my happy. Up and down, up and down...do you ever feel this way? This morning I woke up with pounding headache, a throat on fire and a body that ached all over. Still I was determined to have a cheerful attitude. Then I received a phone call and my (somewhat) cheerful disposition went down the drain. This phone call came down on me like a crashing wave. I didn't see it coming. I went under. My heart got snagged. My emotions well up. My attitude was...awful. I bet you can understand. So after I got off the phone, I whispered a prayer to Jesus through tears. It was honest.It was simple.


"What is the deal Jesus? Why do I always seem to have little pieces of brokenness in my life. It's so frustrating.It's not fair! You know the desires of my heart. We deserve this. It's so frustrating. I need your perspective on the disappointment or a need a break from it."


There was no answer.


No instant verse.


Nothing.


Nada.


Until I was putting my sweet Presley's clothes away in her room and a song came on. I love to put my iPhone in our iHome and let the music rattle the walls of our home. I usually choose a specific play list I choose from. But today I chose shuffle. Good thing I did, because God was the DJ this afternoon. A song from Kari Jobe started to play. I can't explain it to you, so take a whole 4 minutes out of your life and listen to it here:


In that very moment of brokenness and let down, God was letting me know. I am for you, Kara. I know what is best for you and your family. Please leave the details to me. Because I love you.


We all are disappointed at some time in our lives.


Marriages fail.


Bills don't get paid.


Women's' wombs stay empty when they long for a baby.


People say mean things.


But I have to hold on to the promise that God is for me. And He is for you too. So bring him your ugliness, bring him your joy. He uses all these things to remind us of who He is. Here are the lyrics. Let this be your prayer.


So faithful. So constant. So loving and so true.


So powerful in all you do.


You fill me. You see me. You know my every move.You love for me to sing to You.





I know that You are for me. I know that You are for me. knowthat you will neverforsake me in my weakness. And I know that You have come down, even if to ride upon my heart. To remind me of who You are.


So patient. So gracious. So merciful and true. So Wonderful in all You do.


You fill me. You see me. You know my every move. And you love for me to sing to You


.


No comments:

Post a Comment