Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's Hear It For The Boy

What is it about babies that are so incredible? They have this ability to make you feel so warm and fuzzy and they can't even do anything! Today, I had the honor of meeting the newest member of the Carter family, Ethan William. I can't really explain what this did for my heart. I saw this brand new, precious little creature and was immediately moved to tears. My most favorite part about new babies is seeing the mama being handed this new little life for the first time. Today was no exception. You could see the sheer joy all over Kristin's face and it was beautiful. I felt so blessed to stand there and watch these two parents hold and love on their little boy for the first time. In the line of work I'm in I'm around kids a lot. But today, I remembered why I do what I do. Sitting there holding him I was enamoured by how good and faithful our God really is. Think about it. The God of all creation, knew that on this day this baby would be born. As I held him, I prayed over him. I prayed that God would bless this little boy, that He would protect him, put obstacles in his path that would make him stronger and most of all that he would have an unwavering passion for Christ.

Lately I've been in a funk, and this baby boy was exactly what I needed. He reminded me of everything good. He was full of promise. Full of innocence. Holding a baby, smelling them, touching their sweet little face, stirs up something in this mamma's heart! It's been so long since I've held someone that little. And I'd be lying if I said that I was done having babies. My thoughts on that are that God's knows the deepest desires of my heart and if He sees fit for Tyler and I to parent again, then that's exactly what He will do. Babies are good for the soul, and they are most definitely the best way to start people.





Ethan William Carter

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart."

Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment